The Fitler Square Neighborhood Association (FSNA) is the Registered Community Organization (RCO) that serves the needs of the Fitler Square neighborhood of Philadelphia. FSNA was formed in 2018 by a dedicated group of neighborhood volunteers seeking to improve and unify the community. Fitler Square Neighborhood Association is officially recognized by the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) as having 501(c) (3) status, and all donations are considered to be tax-deductible contributions.
At Fitler Square Neighborhood Association, our mission is to improve the lives of people living in our community by:
- Creating opportunities to meet, establish relationships, and collaborate with neighbors to improve our community
- Empowering you to create the change you want to see in our neighborhood
- Working with you to find consensus on the best use of our land and resources for all neighbors
- Promoting civic engagement through both political and non-political processes
- Serving as a reliable source of information about community events and other causes directly impacting our lives
We are committed to ensuring that homeowners, condominium residents, rental residents and businesses of all sizes are equally represented in our efforts to:
- Reimagine how we use public spaces
- Improve public safety
- Promote public health
For more detail, please see our Bylaws available here.
Fitler Square is the park located at 23rd and Pine Streets. The Park is named after Edwin H. Fitler, a well-regarded mayor of Philadelphia in the 1800s. The Park, which serves as convening place for neighbors in our area, has become synonymous with the community living and owning businesses from Market Street to South Street and Schuylkill River to 21st Street.