The Fitler Square Neighbors Board is a volunteer working board that implements Fitler Square Neighbor's programs. If you are interested in doing something altruistic and making an impact -- but think you are too busy, think about joining the Board of a new and rapidly growing, not-for-profit organization.
All current board members are comfortable using novel ways to communicate electronically and get things done to minimize in-person meeting time. Our current board members are diverse, some have very busy jobs and a few even have young children. We designed our meeting attendance requirements to complement their lives, not hinder.
All board members will have an interest in increasing civic participation in our neighborhood.
While we are open to all candidates from our neighborhood, this year we are hoping to find candidates with one of the following:
- Experience with fundraising in a campaign or non-profit setting
- Experience with progressive urban planning and/or civil engineering
- Experience with public space initiatives
- Experience with identifying/pursuing/managing foundational gifts and grants
- Experience with coordinating volunteers
- Experience with community engagement/storytelling/communications using digital tools
We are committed to creating a diverse board that represents our neighborhood.